While scrolling through a Facebook group that I am in for business women, I came across a post, “I am so mad at myself! I completely underpriced my work AGAIN!”
The post received 55 comments from 19 different women and 17 likes in a group that has only 87 members. Some expressing support. Some advice. But many said been there, done (or are doing) that.
And it’s no surprise. Most women struggle with money blocks and charging their worth.
Especially when it comes to building or starting a business when you feel you might not have enough experience. Here are some of the things I hear women entrepreneurs say about money and fees…
- I’m just not sure who can afford to pay that much.
- I don’t want to scare off a potential client because my fees are too high.
- I don’t know that I’m worth that much.
- I can’t believe that someone would pay me that much for my services.
- I tried charging a higher fee, but no one invested.
- Making money isn’t that important to me. I just want to help people.
- It would be greedy to ask for that much.
- I have all that I need. I shouldn’t expect others to pay me.
- My husband makes enough to cover our bills. My income is just play money.
Can you relate to any of these?
Let’s be honest, you’re in business to be of service, which is wonderful, but you have bills to pay, things to buy and a family to provide for.
Furthermore, the more money you have, the more you can give. The more you can donate, the more freedom you have in spending it and the more you can have an impact on those very people you service.
So, let’s recap…
More money = greater impact (not MORE PROBLEMS).
If you’re ready to increase your prices and start charging your worth, then click here to listen to call #14 How to Price and Package Your Services To Stop Overworking and Undercharging
Grab a cup of tea, find a cozy place and have a listen.
This call is all about pricing and packaging your services.
- How to price your services and packages so you are paid your worth
- How to tactfully increase rates with current clients
- The mindset you must have to uplevel your income